The models of the MacBook Pros were announced earlier today.
New features such as the Touch Bar and Touch ID incorporated into the device is much welcomed along with a lighter footprint.
However, there is one thing that Apple forgot to add – a full USB port! Meaning that your current cables to plug your iDevice will require an adapter. Also, if you’re like me and like a long lasting mouse, you have one with a USB connector – you’ll need a new mouse as well or – an adapter. What you will get in lieu of the old ports is four Thunderbolt 3. Use an ethernet cable? You’ll need an adapter for that as well!
Apple has been removing features that it considers archaic to streamline its designs, but I think this is a bit ridiculous. Other sleek designs have maintained an full USB port – ahem – Surface Pro series, Surface Book lineup, and more. The lack of the 3.5mm jack is one of the reasons why I returned my the iPhone 7 Plus.
While millions of people will buy this anyway and like Apple cares what I have to say – but I will be speaking with my money and will not be buying a new MacBook Pro either. The older 15″ model will get a drastic price cut and I think I’m still a 3.5mm headphone jack and a full USB kinda guy.
What do you think? Tweet us @AsianGeekSquad!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- Can’t find a Nintendo Switch? Win one by eating at McDonalds! - April 26, 2017
- Moto G5 Plus – Amazon version – What’s the difference? - April 21, 2017
- SwitchCharge – the battery case for the Nintendo Switch! - April 20, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 – S8+ Reviews! - April 19, 2017
- BioShock – The Collection for Xbox One and PS4 for under $30! - April 13, 2017