The Apple iPad series has been the best selling tablet for quite some time. However, sales have shown that demand has decreased year over year for 5 quarters running.
With the newest OS, iOS 9, new features are available for the iPad line: Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture. By excluding older generation iPads, upgrading to obtain the newest features will hopefully drive sales.
This is quite interesting as iOS 9 supports iPad 2 and newer, and iPhone 4S and newer – though not all of these devices will have access to the full functionality of iOS 9.
iOS 9 Multi-tasking Compatibility:
- Slide Over: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
- Split View: iPad Air 2.
- Picture in Picture: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
Now let’s go over the different multi-tasking capabilities:
Slide Over allows you to swipe your finger from the side of the iPad and drag another app over the existing one.
For those of your who have owned a Surface tablet or any Windows 8 device, this should be familiar, you run 2 apps concurrently, either at 50/50 view or 70/30 view (from the left or right side).
For those of you who have used YouTube on your tablet, this should look familiar, iOS 9 allows you to put a video (or FaceTime) in a smaller window, while you do something else, like check your email or browse online.
Are these multitasking capabilities enough for your to upgrade your iPad? Let us know at @asiangeeksquad
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has the best camera (tied with the iPhone 8 Plus)! - October 3, 2017
- PELDA Pro – The Nintendo Switch HDMI Battery Case - August 25, 2017
- How I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for $505! - August 24, 2017
- Watch DuckTales (2017 Reboot) 1st Episode for free! - August 15, 2017
- Get Splatoon 2 for $44.10! - August 9, 2017