The models of the MacBook Pros were announced earlier today.
New features such as the Touch Bar and Touch ID incorporated into the device is much welcomed along with a lighter footprint.
However, there is one thing that Apple forgot to add – a full USB port! Meaning that your current cables to plug your iDevice will require an adapter. Also, if you’re like me and like a long lasting mouse, you have one with a USB connector – you’ll need a new mouse as well or – an adapter. What you will get in lieu of the old ports is four Thunderbolt 3. Use an ethernet cable? You’ll need an adapter for that as well!
Apple has been removing features that it considers archaic to streamline its designs, but I think this is a bit ridiculous. Other sleek designs have maintained an full USB port – ahem – Surface Pro series, Surface Book lineup, and more. The lack of the 3.5mm jack is one of the reasons why I returned my the iPhone 7 Plus.
While millions of people will buy this anyway and like Apple cares what I have to say – but I will be speaking with my money and will not be buying a new MacBook Pro either. The older 15″ model will get a drastic price cut and I think I’m still a 3.5mm headphone jack and a full USB kinda guy.
What do you think? Tweet us @AsianGeekSquad!
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- OnePlus Nord N300 5G Unboxing, Specs and First Sample Photos!! - November 21, 2022
- Deal is back! Get the Pixel 7 Pro from T-Mobile for $100! - November 18, 2022
- Google Black Friday Deals are LIVE – with $100 Bonus Store Credit! - November 17, 2022
- How to get the new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G from T-Mobile for FREE! - April 14, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra – Where is LumaFusion?!?! - March 10, 2022