Sprint – the 4th largest wireless carrier in the U.S., after Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile has upped the ante in gaining new subscribers from the top carrier by offering ONE year of free unlimited service to current Verizon customers.
You’ll get Sprint’s fully-featured Unlimited including:
- Unlimited data, talk and text
- HD streaming:
- Video at speeds up to 1080p
- Music at up to 1.5mbps
- Gaming streams at up to 8mbps
- Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion.
- 10GB of high-speed data per line to use toward mobile hotspot, VPN and Peer-2-Peer usage. Once your 10GB is used up:
- Continue at up to 2G speeds (32 Kbps) on our network for no additional cost, or
- Purchase more on-network high-speed data for $15/1GB to tide you over for the rest of your bill cycle
One year of free service does sound too good to be true, so here are a couple of “Terms and Conditions”:
- Free service for 1 year for new customers who switch to Sprint and sign up on sprint.com/1yearfree between 6/9/17 and 6/30/17. Save until 7/31/18.
- You’ll save more than $900 (compared to Verizon’s one-line unlimited rate plan) in the first year
- Switch your whole family and save even more!
- A standard $1.99 admin fee, $0.40 regulatory fee and other taxes and fees apply
- Your $30 activation fee is waived as part of this promotion. The fee will appear on your first bill and a credit will appear within 2 bills.
- Requires a Sprint SIM card, eBill and Sprint AutoPay ($5/mo./line discount applied within two invoices)
- If AutoPay is cancelled, you’ll pay $5/mo./line
- If AutoPay and eBill are removed, a $7.99/mo. charge will apply for Account Spending Limit customers
- Your Spending Limit is the monthly maximum amount of spending per phone on your account based on your credit decision
- For accounts with multiple phones, the total spending limit is calculated as the number of phones on the account multiplied by the spending limit per phone
- Must be a Verizon customer bringing new lines to Sprint. You must own the phone(s) you’re bringing to Sprint.
- After 7/31/18, pay:
- Line 1: $60/mo.
- Line 2: $40/mo.
- Lines 3-5: $30/mo/line
- Pricing shown with AutoPay. Add $5/mo./line without AutoPay
From the terms and conditions, there is no contract and you should be able to cancel after the 1st year of service (before 07/31/2018).
The following phones are eligible:
- Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 5S (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6S
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only)
- Google Nexus 5X
- Google Nexus 6
- Google Nexus 6P
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Motorola E4
- Motorola Z2 Play
- Motorola G4
- Motorola G4 Play
- Motorola G4 Plus
- Motorola G5 Plus
- Motorola X Pure Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
Personally, Sprint doesn’t work well where I live, but if you have good Sprint service or are looking to save money on your wireless bill – then this is an offer for you!