The self-proclaimed Flagship killer hasn’t killed any flagships, but it has made the mid-range Android market more competitive by offering higher end specs with a mid-range price.
The 64GB version of the OnePlus 2 was originally $389 and has received a 10%+ price cut, effectively dropping its price to $349 – permanently.
This move is perhaps to compete with other smartphones in its price range which has also received price cuts. For example, the Google Nexus 5X was released with a MSRP of $429 for the 32GB version, that has also received a price cut to $349.
To better compete with other smartphones, OnePlus has made great steps in making its device more available to the public. First, there is no more invite system (How OnePlus 2 botched its launch!) and was the major reason why we no longer cared to own a OnePlus 2.
The OnePlus 2 does have great specs for the price and includes some high end features; such as USB-C.
Color: Sandstone Black
Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm
Weight: 6.17 ounces (175 g)
Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android 5.1
CPU: 64-bit Qualcomm© Snapdragon™ 810 processor with 1.8GHz Octa-core CPUs
GPU: Adreno™ 430
RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4
Storage:64 GB eMMC v5.0 (available capacity varies)
What do you think? Have you moved on from the OnePlus 2? Are you thinking of buying one? Tweet us at @AsianGeekSquad.
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- All of our Google Pixel 7a videos and FAQs! - May 14, 2023
- All of our Redmi Watch 3 videos and FAQs! - May 13, 2023
- All of our Fossil Gen 6 Hybrid Smartwatch videos and FAQs! - April 22, 2023
- $100 Google Store Promo Codes – with the Purchase of Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro - April 21, 2023
- Pixel Watch Review – 6 Months Later! #PixelWatch - April 16, 2023