Today, we are unboxing the Google Pixel 5a 5G – the latest smartphone from Google and the latest iteration of the a-series from Google.
Let’s just say this – on paper – the Pixel 5a is stacked! For $449 (available now for pre-order), this phone has a lot going for it. Before we go over the specs, let’s see what’s inside!
Inside the box, we have:
- Pixel phone
- SIM tool
- Quick Switch Adapter
- Power adapter (USB Type-C 18W)
- USB-C cable (USB 2.0)
- Quick Start Guide
There are no earphones included, but still glad that there is a power adapter! Speaking of missing things, the Pixel 5a does not have wireless charging, which I’m not surprised at this price point, but Google does make up for it by including a large battery – 4680 mAh!
Now that we’ve seen what’s inside the box, let’s go over some SPECS!
- Display: 6.34 FHD+ OLED Glass
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera (IMX355)
- Rear Cameras: 12MP IMX363 DP Wide Camera and 16MP IMX481 Ultra Wide Camera
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- SIM Tray: 1 – SIM – Nano sim and 1 x e-SIM
- Pixel Imprint
- Snapdragon 765G with 5G Sub6
- Titan M
- 128GB Storage / 6GB RAM
- NFC (Google Pay)
- IP67 – First A series with water resistance rating
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 73.2 x 8.8 mm
- 4680 mAh battery vs Pixel 4a 3,140mAh
Some stand outs for me (besides the battery) – ok let’s talk about the battery though, because even the upcoming Galaxy Z Flip3 has a 3,300 mAh, and the S21 has a 4,000 mAh battery, so kinda excited for this one. On top of just the battery, I was already getting good battery life with the Pixel 4a with the smaller (3,140 mAh) battery that this just makes it all the more to recommend to friends and family!
I wish there were dual-SIM and expandable storage, but we never see that anymore in the US anyways, so can’t hold that against the Pixel 5a. However, I am glad that they added e-SIM support and 128GB as the storage option. If you’re not going to include a microSD card, storage should be at 128GB at this price point – if you’re Galaxy S Series – your storage should be at 256GB.
Don’t forget to check out the video for our full unboxing and if you have any questions about the device – comment away! I will be setting up the phone and recording more videos soon!
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- How to get the new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G from T-Mobile for FREE! - April 14, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra – Where is LumaFusion?!?! - March 10, 2022
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 is up to $80 off! - March 9, 2022
- Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G in GREEN! - February 22, 2022
- Unboxing the Google Pixel 5a 5G (and specs too)! - August 18, 2021