The Apple iPad series has been the best selling tablet for quite some time. However, sales have shown that demand has decreased year over year for 5 quarters running.
With the newest OS, iOS 9, new features are available for the iPad line: Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture. By excluding older generation iPads, upgrading to obtain the newest features will hopefully drive sales.
This is quite interesting as iOS 9 supports iPad 2 and newer, and iPhone 4S and newer – though not all of these devices will have access to the full functionality of iOS 9.
iOS 9 Multi-tasking Compatibility:
- Slide Over: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
- Split View: iPad Air 2.
- Picture in Picture: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
Now let’s go over the different multi-tasking capabilities:
Slide Over allows you to swipe your finger from the side of the iPad and drag another app over the existing one.
For those of your who have owned a Surface tablet or any Windows 8 device, this should be familiar, you run 2 apps concurrently, either at 50/50 view or 70/30 view (from the left or right side).
For those of you who have used YouTube on your tablet, this should look familiar, iOS 9 allows you to put a video (or FaceTime) in a smaller window, while you do something else, like check your email or browse online.
Are these multitasking capabilities enough for your to upgrade your iPad? Let us know at @asiangeeksquad
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- How to get the new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G from T-Mobile for FREE! - April 14, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra – Where is LumaFusion?!?! - March 10, 2022
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 is up to $80 off! - March 9, 2022
- Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G in GREEN! - February 22, 2022
- Unboxing the Google Pixel 5a 5G (and specs too)! - August 18, 2021