The Apple iPad series has been the best selling tablet for quite some time. However, sales have shown that demand has decreased year over year for 5 quarters running.
With the newest OS, iOS 9, new features are available for the iPad line: Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture. By excluding older generation iPads, upgrading to obtain the newest features will hopefully drive sales.
This is quite interesting as iOS 9 supports iPad 2 and newer, and iPhone 4S and newer – though not all of these devices will have access to the full functionality of iOS 9.
iOS 9 Multi-tasking Compatibility:
- Slide Over: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
- Split View: iPad Air 2.
- Picture in Picture: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
Now let’s go over the different multi-tasking capabilities:
Slide Over allows you to swipe your finger from the side of the iPad and drag another app over the existing one.
For those of your who have owned a Surface tablet or any Windows 8 device, this should be familiar, you run 2 apps concurrently, either at 50/50 view or 70/30 view (from the left or right side).
For those of you who have used YouTube on your tablet, this should look familiar, iOS 9 allows you to put a video (or FaceTime) in a smaller window, while you do something else, like check your email or browse online.
Are these multitasking capabilities enough for your to upgrade your iPad? Let us know at @asiangeeksquad
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. - June 7, 2021
- All of our Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 videos! - May 21, 2021
- Day 2 (Outdoor Usage and the Webcam) – 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 16, 2021
- First Impressions of the 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 15, 2021
- How to Replace Watch Bands on Samsung Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Watch3) - May 13, 2021