Another awesome deal – this time from T-Mobile and guess what – they are giving away the iPhone 12 mini (yes, only the mini, not the regular iPhone 12, not the iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max). The best part is there is no new line required – so awesome, if you’re already a T-Mobile customer.
Alright, what’s the catch? Yup, there’s always a catch.
- You get the phone free via bill credits over 24 months. Yup, you have to stay with T-Mobile for at least 24 months to get the value of the phone for free. There is no technical contract anymore, so you can leave at anytime, but if you do, you’ll owe the rest of your phone balance and the bill credits stop.
- Trade-in required. Best part is you can trade-in an iPhone 8!! Yes, you can trade-in an iPhone 8 and get your new iPhone 12 mini! The other phones that are eligible for this free plan are: iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus (iPhone 11 Pro 512 GB and iPhone 11 Pro Max 512 GB excluded)
- You have to purchase the phone via EIP (basically T-Mobile’s monthly payment plan).
All you have to, is log into your account, select the iPhone 12 mini that you want. Here is our unboxing in blue. Though my favorite color is the green version!
Once you select your iPhone, make sure you input your trade-in! You will need to make sure the following: iPhone is free and clear, no iCloud lock, no water damage, and no physical damage. I’ve traded in phones before with a few scratches, but if its badly dented – they’ll definitely deny it. You’ll need the IMEI and model of your device (carrier, color and capacity)
Awesome! You’ll get this screen. The bill credits are broken down into two sections. First part is the amount of the phone, this will depend on the phone that you traded in. In my case, the iPhone 8 – 64GB – AT&T, Gold is worth $90.00 upfront.
You will get the rest ($729.99-$90.00), $639.99 over a 24 month bill credit, so in my case $26.67 off my monthly bill for the next 24 months. So it kinda washes itself out.
Now, the taxes of the phone, you have to pay in advance (for the entire price of the device), so this can be pricey depending on where you live. T-Mobile has been doing this now for some time, just to make the billing easier and only financing the phone price, not the sales tax.
Now, you’re done – wait for your new iPhone 12 mini in the mail. While you do that, check out our iPhone 12 mini case reviews and thank you for reading and supporting Asian Geek Squad!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. - June 7, 2021
- All of our Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 videos! - May 21, 2021
- Day 2 (Outdoor Usage and the Webcam) – 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 16, 2021
- First Impressions of the 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 15, 2021
- How to Replace Watch Bands on Samsung Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Watch3) - May 13, 2021