If you are in the market for a new 5G phone and don’t want to spend a lot of money – check out this deal.
For a limited time, T-Mobile is offering the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G for free – via bill credits, with a trade-in device (if you don’t have one – no worries, I’ll show you how to get one). T-Mobile no longer requires “contracts” on their mobile services, but if you want to take advantage of this offer and other T-Mobile bill credit offers, you will have to stay with the carrier for 2 years to recoup the cost of the phone.
Bonus: Samsung is giving away a promo. “Get 1-year free subscription to Postmates Unlimited and a $25 Postmates credit, plus $50 in Galaxy Store credit ($175 est. value)” You can redeem through the Shop Samsung app – as long as purchase the phone online before the end of July.
What are the conditions?
- Be a T-Mobile customer
- If you are existing customer, NO NEW lines required (pretty awesome since most T-Mo deals now require a new line)
- Trade-in a phone
- Select phones get $600 bill credits (full price of A71 5G)
- Older select phones get $300
How does it work?
- You have to purchase the phone via EIP (Equipment Installment Program)
- Trade-in phone
- Pay taxes and shipping up front (if you chat via Twitter sometimes you can get the shipping fee waived)
- You receive a one-time credit for the phone and the rest via bill credits.
- For example, in my case, I traded in an iPhone 8 (which I purchased online for $200). T-Mobile will give me a bill credit for $100 upfront. Then the remaining $500 if prorated over 24 months – so $600 washes out over 4 years.
Which phones qualify for trade-in?
- $600 off
- Apple: iPhone 11, X, XR, XS Series, 8 Series
- Samsung: Galaxy S10 Series, Note10 Series, S9 Series, Note9, S8 Series, Note8
- Google: Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL
- OnePlus: 7T Pro McLaren, 7T, 8, 8 Pro
- LG: V60 ThinQ
- $300 off:
- Apple: iPhone 7 series
- Samsung: Galaxy S7 Series, A20, J7 Star
- Google: Pixel 3A, Pixel 3A XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL
- OnePlus: 7, 7 Pro, 6, 6T
- LG: G8 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, V50 ThinQ, V40 ThinQ, Stylo 5, Stylo 4
What if I don’t have a trade-in?
No problem! I didn’t have a trade-in either! My suggestion would be to purchase a used device – in GOOD condition. The best value for the trade-in would be the Samsung Galaxy S8 series and the iPhone 8 series. Go check out Swappa! The trade-in can be from ANY carrier – as long as it is not financed OR blacklisted.
**MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE A TRADE-IN IN GOOD CONDITION**
I can’t stress this enough. Instead of buying the cheapest phone, I opted for an iPhone 8 in good condition, which I paid $200 for.
Now, my Samsung Galaxy A71 5G cost me ($200 + tax) + (tax of $600 A71 5G). Considering I didn’t have a trade-in at all, getting a Samsung Galaxy A71 5G for about $230 isn’t a bad deal.
Hopefully, you already have a trade-in device on hand – but if not, check out Swappa.
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- Get the iPhone 12 mini for FREE from T-Mobile (no new line required) - November 25, 2020
- Hulu for $1.99 (with ads) for 12 months! - November 25, 2020
- 2020 AGS Holiday Giveaway! #AGSGiveaway - November 25, 2020
- T-Mobile BOGO deal with Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G - September 7, 2020
- Why I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G - August 17, 2020