The hard drive on my ASUS of 18 months died and I decided to buy a new-ISH computer. I was shopping around for a higher end computer, that isn’t a gaming laptop – though you can get those for cheap as well.
I decided to purchase a Dell XPS 15 – 9560, one with a GTX 1050 graphics card and this is how I got a $1700 laptop for under $1200- including taxes and 4 year Extended Warranty AND Accidental Drop Warranty.
To get to this, I upgraded the base model of $999.99 model.
-$98.00 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Quad Core Processor
-$49.00 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
-$49.00 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive + 32GB Solid State Drive
-$49.00 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5
-$24.50 Backlit Keyboard, with Fingerprint Reader
-$293.02 4 Year Premium Support
-$155.82 4 Year Accidental Damage Service
With this model, you can’t upgrade the RAM (comes with 8GB), but that is easy to upgrade.
For this same model, on the Dell Outlet, your price will be $1176.94. Through the outlet, you get a 4 year warranty for the price of 3.
To get this any deal such as this one, you have to purchase from Dell Outlet, which are refurbished, returned laptops, which still offer the same warranty as if you were going to buy it brand new.
Next, you have a get a coupon code. This time, I used coupon code: Aff17AWXPS – this will give you an additional 17% off Alienware and XPS PCs – this expires 5/26/2017. If you are reading this after 5/26 and you are looking for a coupon code – follow them on twitter.
I got 2 day free shipping (after chatting with customer service) – will do an unboxing of my new-ISH laptop as soon as it comes!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- Day 2 (Outdoor Usage and the Webcam) – 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 16, 2021
- First Impressions of the 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 15, 2021
- How to Replace Watch Bands on Samsung Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Watch3) - May 13, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 (and Galaxy Watch3) – Phone Calls, SMS, Whatsapp - May 11, 2021
- Unboxing and Setup of the Apple AirTag with Leather Key Loop in Baltic Blue - April 30, 2021