Google has just announced their latest smartphone. The affordable Google Pixel 4a. The phone will be released later this month – August 20. However, pre-orders for the phone are now available.
To pre-order the Google Pixel 4a from Amazon for $349 – click here.
The Google Pixel 4a arrives on the market with a lot of other mid-range smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy A71 which retails for $600. The Moto Edge 5G, which retails for $700, but currently available for $500. Our unboxing for the Moto Edge 5G – can be seen here. These smartphones are more expensive but they do have 5G – something that the Google Pixel 4a does not have. A 5G model of the Pixel 4a will be released later this year – but that will definitely add to the cost of this smartphone.
If you don’t need 5G, read on and let’s go over some specs.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon 730
- 6 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 128 GB storage
- 5.8-inch (147.6 mm) display
- FHD+ (1080 x 2340) OLED at 443 ppi
- 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Adreno 618
- 5.7 height x 2.7 width x 0.3 depth (inches)
- 144 height x 69.4 width x 8.2 depth (mm)
- 3,140 mAh battery
In regards to software, the Pixel 4a has the latest Android 10 and the new Google Assistant with Lens. The phone is also promised to receive a minimum 3 years of OS and security updates.
Let’s talk about the cameras. We haven’t tested it out yet and with Google phones, you know that the pixel count isn’t always what matters. In short, there is one camera in the front and one in the rear.
The rear camera has a 12.2 MP dual-pixel camera and the front camera has a 8MP camera. Don’t forget to follow us on social media, as we will be posting sample pictures from the camera.
From first impressions, the phone fits my hand perfectly. The power button sits right where my thumb is. Also, the fingerprint scanner in the back is welcomed as a faster way to unlock the device during COVID-19.
The sim tray takes a single SIM card, with no room for expandable storage, so you will get 128GB – which should be sufficient for most of us. Also, there is an e-SIM though you’ll have to check with your carrier if they support that.
Oh yeah… there’s a headphone jack.
What do you think of the Google Pixel 4a? Well, we are going to set ours up and stay tuned for more Pixel 4a content!
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- OnePlus Nord N300 5G Unboxing, Specs and First Sample Photos!! - November 21, 2022
- Deal is back! Get the Pixel 7 Pro from T-Mobile for $100! - November 18, 2022
- Google Black Friday Deals are LIVE – with $100 Bonus Store Credit! - November 17, 2022
- How to get the new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G from T-Mobile for FREE! - April 14, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra – Where is LumaFusion?!?! - March 10, 2022