When the Amazon Fire Phone was released almost a year ago, it was one of the worst flagship phones. Then again, it was being sold for $649 off contract, or $199 with a 2 year contract.
Note: Don’t forget to enter our Samsung Galaxy S6 International Giveaway!
Fast forward to May 2015, and the Amazon Fire Phone is now available unlocked for $189 and includes one year of Amazon Prime (a $99 value). Just a quick recap, Amazon Prime gets you 1 year of 2 day shipping on most items available on Amazon, access to Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, unlimited photo storage, and 1 free Kindle book a month).
For a $200 phone, you get:
- 4.7″ HD LCD display, with 1280 x 720 resolution at 315 ppi
- 2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU, with Adreno 330 GPU and 2GB of RAM
- 13 MP camera with optical image stabilization, HDR, and LED flash (2.1MP front facing camera)
- 32 GB of on board storage
- Battery size: 2400mAh. Talk time: up to 22 hours; standby time: up to 285 hours. Video playback: up to 11 hours; audio playback: up to 65 hours.
Here is our favorite review of the Amazon Fire Phone, and they summed it up best, “Right Phone, Wrong Price”!
This along with the Blu Studio 6.0 HD, is making our list of favorite smartphones under $200!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. - June 7, 2021
- All of our Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 videos! - May 21, 2021
- Day 2 (Outdoor Usage and the Webcam) – 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 16, 2021
- First Impressions of the 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 15, 2021
- How to Replace Watch Bands on Samsung Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Watch3) - May 13, 2021