When the Amazon Fire Phone was released almost a year ago, it was one of the worst flagship phones. Then again, it was being sold for $649 off contract, or $199 with a 2 year contract.
Note: Don’t forget to enter our Samsung Galaxy S6 International Giveaway!
Fast forward to May 2015, and the Amazon Fire Phone is now available unlocked for $189 and includes one year of Amazon Prime (a $99 value). Just a quick recap, Amazon Prime gets you 1 year of 2 day shipping on most items available on Amazon, access to Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, unlimited photo storage, and 1 free Kindle book a month).
For a $200 phone, you get:
- 4.7″ HD LCD display, with 1280 x 720 resolution at 315 ppi
- 2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU, with Adreno 330 GPU and 2GB of RAM
- 13 MP camera with optical image stabilization, HDR, and LED flash (2.1MP front facing camera)
- 32 GB of on board storage
- Battery size: 2400mAh. Talk time: up to 22 hours; standby time: up to 285 hours. Video playback: up to 11 hours; audio playback: up to 65 hours.
Here is our favorite review of the Amazon Fire Phone, and they summed it up best, “Right Phone, Wrong Price”!
This along with the Blu Studio 6.0 HD, is making our list of favorite smartphones under $200!
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- Google Pixel lineup on sale again – save up to $150! - January 9, 2023
- OnePlus Nord N300 5G Unboxing, Specs and First Sample Photos!! - November 21, 2022
- Deal is back! Get the Pixel 7 Pro from T-Mobile for $100! - November 18, 2022
- Google Black Friday Deals are LIVE – with $100 Bonus Store Credit! - November 17, 2022
- How to get the new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G from T-Mobile for FREE! - April 14, 2022