WhatsApp is one of the most widely use IM platforms. However, unlike its competitors Google Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, or Viber, there hasn’t been a desktop application – until now.
While technically not an desktop application and more of a browser app, the new functionality of Web Whatsapp does allow you to send messages, photos and so forth on your laptop or desktop.
Let’s go through the steps!
1) Make sure your WhatsApp is updated – first head to your app store and update the app (if needed).
2) Open the application, click the menu button and select Web Whatsapp
3) On your browser, head to https://web.whatsapp.com/
4) Scan the barcode with your phone!
5) That’s it! You’re connected!
All of your groups, chats, etc. will autopopulate. You do not lose any functionality, you can send photos and emojis!
If you need a step-by-step instruction watch our video!
Latest posts by Max Law (see all)
- All of our Google Pixel 7a videos and FAQs! - May 14, 2023
- All of our Redmi Watch 3 videos and FAQs! - May 13, 2023
- All of our Fossil Gen 6 Hybrid Smartwatch videos and FAQs! - April 22, 2023
- $100 Google Store Promo Codes – with the Purchase of Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro - April 21, 2023
- Pixel Watch Review – 6 Months Later! #PixelWatch - April 16, 2023