WhatsApp is one of the most widely use IM platforms. However, unlike its competitors Google Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, or Viber, there hasn’t been a desktop application – until now.
While technically not an desktop application and more of a browser app, the new functionality of Web Whatsapp does allow you to send messages, photos and so forth on your laptop or desktop.
Let’s go through the steps!
1) Make sure your WhatsApp is updated – first head to your app store and update the app (if needed).
2) Open the application, click the menu button and select Web Whatsapp
3) On your browser, head to https://web.whatsapp.com/
4) Scan the barcode with your phone!
5) That’s it! You’re connected!
All of your groups, chats, etc. will autopopulate. You do not lose any functionality, you can send photos and emojis!
If you need a step-by-step instruction watch our video!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- Pixel 3a (XL) is now available on Amazon and get a $100 Amazon Gift Card! - May 16, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Watch – Now on Sale (as low as $224.25)! - October 14, 2018
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm – LTE – Disappointing Battery Life - September 19, 2018
- Unboxing the Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm) - August 27, 2018
- Unboxing the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 - August 21, 2018