On a recent article and video, we touted wireless charging is touted as one of the 34 things that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 can do which the Apple iPhone 6 can’t.
However, this cannot be done straight out of the box. Today, we go over the two ways to get wireless charging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
There are two things you will need to wirelessly charge your Note 4:
1) Wireless Qi cover or receiver
2) Charging Pad
Our first option is to buy the Samsung Wireless Charging Qi Cover, currently available on Samsung.com for $34.99. This is a great option if you do not use a cover or case on your Note 4, but you should note that the back cover is slightly thicker than the original, some cases may not work with the back cover in place.
Another option would be to purchase a Qi receiver, which is more affordable and does not require an additional cover. This particular one was purchased from Amazon.com for $15.99.
Note: This will not work for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge.
Installation is quite easy, you just align it in the back of the phone – refer to our video for complete instructions.
Finally, you will need a wireless charging pad. There are many options out there and we will be testing different ones in the near future. In the meantime the first one to arrive was also the cheapest, $7.99 from eBay. The official one from Samsung will cost you $59.99.
Do you have any questions about wireless charging? Leave us a comment!
Latest posts by Max Sandoval (see all)
- How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. - June 7, 2021
- All of our Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 videos! - May 21, 2021
- Day 2 (Outdoor Usage and the Webcam) – 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 16, 2021
- First Impressions of the 15″ Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 - May 15, 2021
- How to Replace Watch Bands on Samsung Galaxy Watch (Galaxy Active 2 or Galaxy Watch3) - May 13, 2021